¿Quieres reaccionar a este mensaje? Regístrate en el foro con unos pocos clics o inicia sesión para continuar.

Alonso aiming for 2009 title with Renault

Alonso aiming for 2009 title with Renault Empty Alonso aiming for 2009 title with Renault

Mensaje  max_pole Jue Dic 04, 2008 10:00 am

Renault’s Fernando Alonso has said his objective for 2009 is simple - to add a third world title to the two he won with the team in 2005 and 2006.

Alonso and Renault experienced a difficult start to their 2008 campaign, but fought back in the latter part of the season with the Spaniard taking back-to-back wins in Singapore and Japan.

With radical rule changes set to shake up the order in 2009, Alonso says he now has to believe the team are well placed to return to the front of the grid when the new season gets underway in Australia in March.

"I can’t allow myself to start the championship without thinking I’m going to win," he told reporters at a Madrid charity event organised by team sponsors ING. "My aim - and the team's - is the title. It's a very clear objective, even if as the year progresses one may have to adapt to circumstances."

Alonso is no stranger to adapting to circumstances - midway through 2008 he had scored just 13 points, but turned things around to finish fifth in the final standings with 61 points.
formula1.com
max_pole
max_pole
Moderadora

Femenino
Cantidad de envíos : 1115