¿Quieres reaccionar a este mensaje? Regístrate en el foro con unos pocos clics o inicia sesión para continuar.

Renault to replace Fernando Alonso with Robert Kubica in 2010

Renault to replace Fernando Alonso with Robert Kubica in 2010 Empty Renault to replace Fernando Alonso with Robert Kubica in 2010

Mensaje  max_pole Miér Oct 07, 2009 5:31 pm

The Pole, 24, replaces two-time world champion Fernando Alonso as the French manufacturer’s No 1 driver from next season, with the Spaniard heading for Ferrari.
Kubica’s move to Renault had been widely predicted in the paddock. German manufacturing giant BMW are pulling out ofFormula One at the end of the current season, leaving the team’s future uncertain.
The Pole had been hoping to challenge for this year’s title, having led the 2008 world championship at the halfway stage, but the F1.09 has proved distinctly uncompetitive and a move was inevitable.
Kubica actually made his F1 testing debut with Renault four years ago, which he was given as a reward for winning the 2005 World Series by Renault title.
But he was not offered a deal by the team, and instead went to BMW where he has developed into one of the most highly-rated young drivers in the sport.
Renault’s acting team principal, Bob Bell, said in a team statement: "We are very excited to have signed Robert with the Renault F1 Team starting next season.
“Ever since Robert made his Grand Prix debut in 2006, he has been on our radar as one of the most naturally talented drivers of his generation and he has delivered on that promise so it's great to have secured him in one of our cars next season.
“Renault has high ambitions and hopes for the future of the team and we feel that Robert can play a big role in fulfilling them."
Kubica added: "I am very happy I will be joining Renault in the 2010 season. I feel I have a special connection with this team because in 2005 I won the World Series by Renault. This gave me the chance to test with the team in Barcelona, which led to my debut in Formula One.
"I share with Renault a strong winning mentality and feel comfortable with their friendly and open attitude. I'm highly motivated and optimistic that together we can be at the front of the grid next year and hopefully fighting for the world title."
The identity of Kubica’s team mate at Renault remains uncertain. Romain Grosjean is the man currently in the race seat but he has hardly set the world alight since replacing Nelson Piquet Jnr during the summer.
McLaren’s Heikki Kovalainen could be an option, with the Finn expected to be forced out of Woking by the return of his compatriot Kimi Raikkonen.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/motorsport/formulaone/renault/6269014/Renault-to-replace-Fernando-Alonso-with-Robert-Kubica-in-2010.html
max_pole
max_pole
Moderadora

Femenino
Cantidad de envíos : 1115