¿Quieres reaccionar a este mensaje? Regístrate en el foro con unos pocos clics o inicia sesión para continuar.

Alonso unsure Renault can react

Alonso unsure Renault can react Empty Alonso unsure Renault can react

Mensaje  Faroli Mar Jun 24, 2008 3:11 am

Alonso unsure Renault can react

By Pablo Elizalde Monday, June 23rd 2008, 10:38 GMT

Fernando Alonso is unsure his Renault team will be in a position to fight for fourth place in the standings after a disappointing French Grand Prix.

The Spaniard qualified in third place in Magny-Cours and claimed he had a real chance of fighting for a podium finish on Sunday.

Alonso, however, was unable to match his qualifying performance in the race, dropping down to eighth place, saying he car was just not fast enough in race trim.

"I think we didn't have the pace so it doesn't matter which strategy (you chose) or the start that you have. If you are not quick enough they will overtake you," he said.

The two-time champion reckons Renault will be in a similar situation in the British Grand Prix next week, and the Spaniard is not convinced Renault can react fast enough to be able to reach their goal of clinching fourth place in the standings.

"Yeah, but at the moment I don't know if we are in that position," said Alonso when asked if his goal for Britain was to close the gap to their rivals in the standings.

"Also Toyota is going too much ahead of us in the championship, so we need a quick reaction and I don't know if we can do it. But we will keep trying every race."

Renault are currently seventh in the standings, 12 points behind fourth-placed Red Bull.

Alonso admitted he is not expecting his team to be able to do much better at Silverstone next week.

"I think a similar kind of situation, because there have been some races already that we seem to qualify better than before, but then when we put fuel in the car we are quite slow in the race.

"So I think taking some points in Silverstone will be again out target. No more than that."

autosport.com
Faroli
Faroli

Femenino
Cantidad de envíos : 163
Empleo /Ocios : Musica, Lectura y otras cositas
Humor : otras cositas..... aaah... crei que decia Amor