¿Quieres reaccionar a este mensaje? Regístrate en el foro con unos pocos clics o inicia sesión para continuar.

Coulthard reflects on F1 past and future

Coulthard reflects on F1 past and future Empty Coulthard reflects on F1 past and future

Mensaje  Trastu Jue Jun 12, 2008 9:14 am

Seven races into his 15th consecutive season of Formula One, the sport's oldest driver admits he is in a 'reflective' phase of his career.

Amid uncertainty about his role in the paddock for 2009, David Coulthard scored his first points of the year with a surprise podium in Canada last Sunday.

"I am in a reflective mood in my career as obviously 15 seasons is a long time for anyone, especially after such an ugly start to the season," the 37-year-old Scot admitted afterwards.

Montreal was Coulthard's 62nd podium, in a F1 race career that stretches right back to 1994, when as a 23-year-old Williams test driver he stepped in to replace Ayrton Senna following the great Brazilian's death.

Rumours suggest that if Coulthard does not continue racing for Red Bull next year, he has a solid offer to become an expert pundit for British television's Formula One coverage in 2009.

"Definitely the clock is ticking," he smilingly admitted at the Circuit Gilles Villeneuve, which was the scene of his very first points in 1994.

"I've had a great journey in my career and through life and the alternative doesn't excite me very much," said Coulthard, who recently attended a NASCAR race.

It is clear that Coulthard's Montreal podium is no guarantee of a renewed F1 contract for 2009.

When asked by Motorsport Aktuell, Red Bull's motor racing advisor Dr Helmut Marko insists that "it is too early in the season" to discuss the veteran's future.

Extract to: f1-live.com
Trastu
Trastu
Admin

Cantidad de envíos : 1816

https://formula-trastu.superforo.net