¿Quieres reaccionar a este mensaje? Regístrate en el foro con unos pocos clics o inicia sesión para continuar.

Shocked Hamilton knew only minutes before that mentor Ron Dennis was quitting McLaren

Shocked Hamilton knew only minutes before that mentor Ron Dennis was quitting McLaren Empty Shocked Hamilton knew only minutes before that mentor Ron Dennis was quitting McLaren

Mensaje  max_pole Dom Ene 18, 2009 2:45 pm

Formula One world champion Lewis Hamilton had no warning that his mentor, Ron Dennis, was planning to relinquish his role as team principal at McLaren after 27 years.
'I only heard Ron was standing down a couple of minutes before he announced his decision,' said 24-year-old Hamilton.
The fact that Dennis did not apparently feel the need to tell Hamilton of his decision before his announcement on Friday is a reflection of the widely held belief that the relationship between the men has not been the same since the summer of 2007.
Then, the young British driver - groomed by Dennis to be world champion from the age of 12 - felt aggrieved at the handling of his bitter duel with then team-mate Fernando Alonso.
And Hamilton does not believe that Dennis's move into the background of the team will have a detrimental impact on his ambition to retain his world title this year.
He is comfortable with the elevation of Martin Whitmarsh into the primary role when the 2009 championship begins in Melbourne at the end of March, and is looking forward to opening a fresh chapter when he tests his new car for the first time in Portugal on Wednesday.
'The team have never been just Ron, as he says himself,' said Hamilton.
'It was close to his heart to raise me, of course. The great thing was Ron was here to witness my first world championship and to see an end to such a great journey. Now we start another one.
'Ron leaving his role will definitely not affect my desire to defend my world championship. Martin has worked closely with Ron for the last 20 years, they are like brothers. The values they have put in the team will always be here way beyond my time.
'The foundations are here for the team to have a sustained period of dominance.'
Hamilton is determined to provide himself with an edge before the first race in the latest generation of F1 cars that have returned to slick tyres. 'It's really like starting again,' said Hamilton.
Drivers can, for the first time, alter the angle of the front wings of their cars and choose when to introduce an extra 80 horsepower for up to six seconds at a time from the kinetic energy recovery system (KERS), which recycles energy normally dissipated during braking. In addition, they can adjust engine braking and switch the bias between front and rear brakes, as well as altering other facets of the car.
'I have to learn these controls, and how to get the best out of them, so that I can be two steps ahead of every other driver in Melbourne,' said Hamilton.
'I want to be the fittest driver - both great challenges.'
Dennis built McLaren in his own image - and acted on occasions in an unorthodox manner. Once he tossed a coin with Ayrton Senna to draw a close to contract negotiations that had stalled. Senna called wrong - a decision that cost him $1.5million.
Daily mail
max_pole
max_pole
Moderadora

Femenino
Cantidad de envíos : 1115