¿Quieres reaccionar a este mensaje? Regístrate en el foro con unos pocos clics o inicia sesión para continuar.

Heidfeld risks losing BMW Sauber drive - Stuck

Heidfeld risks losing BMW Sauber drive - Stuck Empty Heidfeld risks losing BMW Sauber drive - Stuck

Mensaje  LA Mar Mayo 20, 2008 9:28 pm

Heidfeld risks losing BMW Sauber drive - Stuck Heidfeld-test-z-03_160508

Nick Heidfeld risks losing his BMW Sauber cockpit if he cannot quickly get on terms with his on-form teammate Robert Kubica.

That is the view of Hans-Joachim Stuck, a famous German racing driver who started more than 74 Grands Prix in the 70s, and currently a motor racing official for the Volkswagen marque.

He told the German-language spox.com that with BMW edging ever closer to the ultimate pace in Formula One, team boss Mario Theissen will be seriously considering the driver lineup for 2009.

Theissen revealed in Turkey two weeks ago that he will announce the team's next driver lineup during the forthcoming summer.

Heidfeld, 31, has failed to outqualify the younger Kubica, from Poland, at any of the Grands Prix so far this season.

"If it continues like that, he could lose his seat," Stuck stated. "I can well imagine that, to keep the progress moving forwards, BMW Sauber may decide they need a more vigorous force."

"Mario Theissen knows how this business works -- he will already have made some links to the superstars. There will certainly already be secret talks,"
Stuck added
"Nick is important from a German perspective, but he is not a superstar. It is a difficult situation for him."

Stuck clearly rates Kubica, who is 23, very highly: "I could not even imagine Theissen replacing him with Raikkonen. He has absolutely the right stuff to be champion."

Interestingly, however, even if Heidfeld is moved aside, 57-year-old Stuck seemed unmoved by speculation that BMW Sauber could be an ideal team for the former double World Champion Fernando Alonso.

"I am not personally a big fan of his," the German admitted, "and I don't think he would fit well with BMW, even though he is one of the top-five drivers."

F1-live
LA
LA

Masculino
Cantidad de envíos : 1243